The city of Nikopol as well as Nikopol district are port gates of the Dnipropetrovsk region upstream of the Dnipro river. Convenient logistics, powerful engineering infrastructure, manganese ore field and a sufficient amount of water resources determine the development of metallurgy on the territory, the production of unique pipes and the cultivation of early vegetables and fruits, legumes, that need irrigation.
The current river logistics unites the south of the Dnipropetrovsk region both with regional centers, such as the city of Zaporizhzhia, Kherson, and with the cities of the Black and Mediterranean seas basins. Highways connect the key settlements of the district: the city of Nikopol, Marhanets, Pokrov, the village of Tomakivka, Myrove, and with industrial centers of such cities as Kryvyi Rih, Zaporizhzhia, Mykolaiv, Kropyvnytskyi.
The total area of the district is 3238.9 km², it occupies 10,1% of the region’s area. The district has significant human resources. About 66% of the population is economically active and involved in large and small businesses. The volume of sold products in Nikopol district is 50,5 million UAH (4,4% of Dnipropetrovsk region).
In the sectoral direction, the economy of Nikopol district is industrial and agricultural.
The main industrial centers of the area are:
- The city of Nikopol – metallurgy and production of finished metal products. 19 enterprises with foreign investments totaling $18.3 million are operating in these industries. Among them, it is worth noting: “Centravis” (the largest in Ukraine and one of the world’s largest companies for the production and sale of seamless stainless steel pipes), “Interpipe Nicotube” (one of the the largest manufacturers of seamless steel pipes in Ukraine), Maxiprom group (the largest producer of manganese concentrate in Europe);
- Marhanets city TC – extractive industry with an emphasis on the extraction and processing of manganese. Foreign investments were attracted to: JSC “Marganetsky mining equipment repair plant” (one of the main activities of which is the production of equipment and spare parts for crushing stations) and LLC “Interfom-M”, which is part of the “Interfom” group of companies – one of the first and largest manufacturers of polyurethane foam on the territory of Ukraine);
- Pokrov city TC – extractive industry. There are 2 enterprises with foreign investments: “Pokrovsky Mining and Processing Plant” JSC, a leading enterprise in Ukraine, has 130 years of experience in the extraction and processing of manganese ores, as well as Procter & Gamble Ukraine LLC with a global brand and one hundred percent foreign investment;
- Tomakivska TC – construction, mineral processing and packaging production. In particular, packaging for fruits and chicken eggs is produced by the LLC “Tomakivskyi Cast Container Plant”;
- as well as agricultural machinery and projects in the field of river logistics are presented in Myrivska TC.
Agricultural sector is being developed by:
- Pokrovska village TC – growing crops that require irrigation;
- Tomakivska TC – berry growing as a perspective, and wool production as uniqueness;
- Chervonohryhorivska TC and Pershotravenska TC – early fruits and berries.
Municipalities and territorial communities offer large industrial territories and real estate objects that can be used both for the creation of diversified production and for the production of value-added products, in particular the processing of agricultural products.
The district sees its further perspective for growth in the following priorities:
- development and modernization of pipes production, unique in Ukraine;
- in-depth processing of agricultural products combined with convenient transport infrastructure;
- growing vegetables in greenhouses;
- growing crops that require irrigation;
- building up the mineral resource base of manganese ores in the manganese ore basin.
More information about land plots, real estate, as well as projects and proposals of the Nikopol district can be found on the Interactive investment map of the region.