The Institute for Human Sciences of Vienna will support journalists, scholars, artists, intellectuals, translators, and archivists from Ukraine documenting the war with up to 5,000 euros. Deadline for applications (in English): May 31, 2022.
Who can participate?
Grants are available to:
- journalists wishing to continue their reporting;
- writers working on essays or books that convey their personal experiences of the war;
- scholars who want to conduct interviews with war survivors or collect and process published material about the war;
- intellectuals who give interviews or write for the European media;
- filmmakers and artists working on projects related to the war;
- curators who want to organize exhibitions about the war;
- publishers dreaming of book projects about the war;
- translators who want to take on translations of texts about the war;
- archivists working to document the impact of the war;
- other professionals documenting the war.
What is needed to participate?
- One-page summary of the project
- Name and contact information for someone who can give you a reference
How to apply?
Send your resume, a brief description of your project and contact information of a person who can give you a recommendation to email@example.com. The subject line is “Documenting Ukraine. Application forms should be submitted in English”.
Applications are considered on an ongoing basis.